Saturday 10 October 2015

This shit is getting real...

I have wanted to write a book for so long, and now I have done it, there is a little part of me that wishes I hadn't bothered!

Dates have been set, a cover has been made, it is in the process of being edited and I am quite frankly scared shitless.

Whoever thought this was a good idea?

Don't get me wrong, I am immensely proud of myself for doing it, for actually sitting down and writing over 100, 000 words.

That isn't the problem,

The problem is, now some of you lot might read it! And it might not cut it. It might not be what you want, and I might have to tell myself to walk away from the whole thing and not bother again. That makes me sound pessimistic. I'm not. I'm a realist.

I am currently reading How to Build a Girl by Caitlin Moran - it's hilarious by the way, and you should all pick up a copy. I'm nearly finished in fact, and I know without a doubt that I am not even half the writer she is. She has an incredible way with words, and I read her stuff and laugh at my own, not because it is funny, but because it is laughable in comparison.

However, we should not compare ourselves with others, and this is something I am trying to get my head around.

I have done it, and I will publish it and see...

Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Welcome to my new blog by the way - I hope you stop by again.





No comments:

Post a Comment